Mahwah, NJ. (August 21, 2013) - Since the launch of Denon’s unique suite of game-changing, lifestyle-specific headphone apps, hundreds of thousands of users have been hooked. Denon® Electronics, a premier manufacturer of high-quality home and personal audio products, today announced the launch of a significant update, Music Community, to the Denon Audio App, Denon Club App and Denon Travel App for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
“The Denon Music Community update to our award-winning combination of headphones and headphone apps takes listeners closer to the ultimate personal listening experience by adding convenience, fun and discovery,” said Petro Shimonishi, Denon’s senior global product manager of headphones.
The Music Community update to the Denon Audio App, Denon Club App and Denon Travel App enables Denon headphone users to discover, experience and enjoy music more than ever before by providing these additional capabilities:
- Read artist biographies
- Explore more music from your favorite artists
- Discover new artists based on the ones users have already downloaded to their iPhone, iPad or iPod touch
- Buy albums and songs directly from iTunes without leaving the app
- Purchase concert tickets for the artists users are listening to
- Easily share concert and venue information via Facebook, Twitter, Email, and iMessage
The Music Community enhancement is available to users of the Denon Audio App, available with Music Maniac™ headphones; the Denon Club App, available with Urban Raver® headphones; and the Denon Travel App, available with Globe Cruiser® headphones. These apps are designed for use with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
Denon Apps Enhance the Listening Experience of Each Lifestyle
Denon lifestyle-specific apps are each designed for unique headphone categories. Available at the App Store, the current offering of Denon apps complement Denon’s individualized headphones to deliver a specialized experience.
- Denon Audio App. For use with Denon’s Music Maniac Headphones, this app allows users to customize the sound via a 1,000 band EQ*. The app features an integrated audio player for playback of all music stored on the iPhone, iPad or iPod touch, allows for instant playlist creation directly from the app and enables simple access to Internet radio via TuneIn, which offers over 70,000 global radio stations.
- Denon Club App. For use with Denon’s Urban Raver Headphones, this app allows users to easily update Facebook and Twitter statuses on music they like from the Urban Raver Community, look up lyrics to their favorite songs, share artist information, discover new artists and customize their EQ and EQ presets, giving users full power over their music.
- Denon Travel App. Designed to maximize the travel experience when used with Denon Globe Cruiser Headphones, this app offers users easy access to their most frequently used travel apps, including the ability to customize playlists for their trips from the app, and customize EQ settings.
- Denon Sport App. Denon Sport features GPS tracking for outdoor activities, allowing users to map their routes, automatic tracking and reporting of pace and track nutrition. With access to online communities via Facebook and Twitter, users can easily share their workout progress with friends and track their fitness goals in a workout journal.
The Denon Audio App, Club App, Travel App and Sports App are available for free from the App Store on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch or at
www.AppStore.com. The 1,000 band Equalizer function is available for $1.99 via an in-app upgrade.
All Denon Headphones are engineered with the same passion for quality and superior audio performance that Denon has applied for over 100 years to make superior audio products. Denon develops and engineers each of its advanced headphone products by carefully crafting personal listening and style solutions. To create its widely varied headphone family- Exercise Freak, Urban Raver, Globe Cruiser, Music Maniac, and Classic, Denon listened to consumers. The result is a new type of headphone line that not only delivers a perfect fit but also includes differentiated feature sets, specialized design elements and the groundbreaking integrated application suites to suit each individual lifestyle and listening preference. Simply put, Denon Headphones are engineered to Sound Like You™, Move Like You and Fit Like You so you can feel the music like never before.
About Denon Electronics
Denon is a world leader in the manufacture of the highest-quality home theater, audio and software products. Denon is recognized internationally for innovative and groundbreaking products and has a long history of technical innovations, including the development and groundbreaking commercialization of pulse-code modulation (PCM) digital audio. Denon Electronics is owned by D&M Holdings, Inc.
About D+M Group
D+M Group is a global company dedicated to enhancing life through inspired sound solutions delivered anytime, anywhere. With a strong belief that “Performance is everything,” D+M is focused on innovation to meet the needs of customers in an increasingly digital world. Serving the consumer, professional and automotive markets, D+M Group brands include Boston Acoustics®, Calrec Audio, Denon®, Denon DJ, Denon Professional, Marantz®, Marantz Professional and Premium Sound Solutions. Headquartered in Mahwah, New Jersey, D+M Group has approximately 2,000 employees worldwide, with products and services marketed in more than 45 countries. D+M Group is a Bain Capital portfolio company.
All product and brand names with a trademark symbol are trademarks or registered trademarks of D+M Holding, Inc., or its subsidiaries.
Statements in this news release that are not statements of historical fact include forward-looking statements regarding future events or the future financial performance of the company. We wish to caution you that such statements are just predictions and that actual events or results may differ materially. Forward-looking statements involve a number of risks and uncertainties surrounding competitive and industry conditions, market acceptance for the company's products, risks of litigation, technological changes, developing industry standards and other factors related to the company's businesses. The Company reserves all of its rights.