Denon® announces early 2016 release of DTS:X™ firmware update to their premium network A/V receivers
Dec 14, 2015
Mahwah, NJ - December 15th, 2015 – Denon, one of the world’s leading manufacturers of high-quality home entertainment products, is delivering on its promise to unlock the new immersive sound format from DTS, DTS:X, free-of-charge to the first line of Network A/V Receivers. Born from the company’s new 2015 AVR X Series with “Blockbusting 3D Sound”, the AVR-X7200WA (AVR-X7200W as well), AVR-X6200W and AVR-X4200W will be the first models to get a firmware update that adds full DTS:X capability to the already award-winning systems. After updating the firmware, all three A/V receivers will be able to run an Audyssey room-equalized DTS:X setup of up to 9.2 or even 11.2 channels, delivering a stunning surround sound experience from literally all directions.
DTS:X delivers truly captivating entertainment experiences in home theaters by accurately conveying the fluid movement of sound to create a richer entertainment soundscape than has previously been possible. DTS:X technology offers the ability to adapt the audio to the speaker layout that best fits the individual space by seamlessly transporting sound objects to and through specific locations within the viewing environment – in front of, behind, above and beside the audience – giving sound designers the freedom to place audio elements precisely where they need to be to deliver an incredibly immersive experience.
“The addition of DTS:X immersive audio will absolutely captivate Denon customers with its ability to simulate the real-world environment where sound is above, behind and in front of the viewer,” said Brian Towne, executive vice president, DTS, president DTS Asia Pacific. “With a growing catalog of top Blu-ray titles and other content incorporating DTS:X, the home entertainment experience will never be the same.”
“This is the first wave of products to receive the DTS:X firmware update; we will continue to deliver this new and exciting technology to the rest of our DTS:X ready line-up into 2016,” said Yoshinori Yamada, global business team leader for the company’s A/V receiver category. “We are happy today making its first step. It is our mission to bring latest and greatest of the industry to our lineup.”
The DTS:X firmware update will be released on January 28th for the AVR-X7200W(A), and on February 18th for the AVR-X6200W and the AVR-X4200W, respectively. Final dates are subject to change until final release. A firmware update notification will appear on the TV screen in case the AVR is connected and online, and the “Update Notification” option is set to “On”. The latest availability and other instructions will be also available at www.denon.com/dtsx. Additional updates for current DTS:X-ready models will follow later in 2016.
At a glance:
Denon AVR-X4200W 7.2ch Network A/V Receiver – Key Features
- 125W x 7ch (8ohm, 20-20KHz, THD:0.05%) high quality discrete power amplifier for powerful and detailed sound
- D.D.S.C.-HD and AL24 Processing Plus; Denon Link HD
- 9.2ch processing; 13.2ch pre-out; 3 multiroom zones
- Dolby Atmos up to 7.1.2 (with additional 2ch amplifier); DTS:X up to 9.2ch
- Auro-3D, Auromatic (up to 9.1ch; paid Upgrade later in 2016)
- Four Advanced 32-bit DSP processors
- Latest HDMI 2.0a standard with 4K/60Hz, 4:4:4 resolution, HDR, BT2020
- 8 HDMI inputs (1x front) and 3 HDMI outputs with full HDCP 2.2 support
- Advanced Video Processing with scaling of lower resolution up to 4k Ultra HD
- Built-in WiFi with dual diversity antenna, built-in Bluetooth
- Front panel USB input
- Wide support for streaming formats including high resolution DSD, FLAC and AIFF
- AirPlay and DLNA music streaming; Spotify Connect; Internet Radio, Pandora® and SiriusXM®
- Advanced ECO mode with off/on/auto setting
- Audyssey MultEQ XT32 (Pro ready), Sub EQ HT and LFC
- Audyssey Dynamic Volume and Dynamic EQ
- New Denon AVR Remote App (available for Android and iOS)
- Setup Assistant in 3 languages; Color-coded speaker terminals
- Available in premium black
Denon AVR-X6200W 9.2ch Network A/V Receiver - Additional Features
- 140 watts x 9 channels (8 ohms, 20-20kHz, THD:0.05%) discrete high quality discrete power amplifier for powerful and detailed sound
- Monolithic amplifier design with Denon custom made transistors
- 11.2ch processing; 13.2ch pre-out; 3 multiroom zones
- Dolby Atmos up to 7.1.4 or 9.1.2 (with additional 2ch amplifier); DTS:X up to 11.2ch
- Auro-3D, Auromatic (up to 10.1ch; paid Upgrade later in 2016)
- Gold-plated terminals
Denon AVR-X7200WA 9.2ch Network A/V Receiver - Additional Features
- 150W x 9ch high quality discrete power amplifier for powerful and detailed sound
- Monolithic amplifier design (L/R separated) with Denon custom made transistors
- D.D.S.C.-HD32 and AL32 Processing Multi-Channel
- Auro-3D, Auromatic (up to 10.1ch; paid Upgrade already available)
- LCD remote control
Denon AVR-X7200W front left angle
Denon AVR-X7200W front right angle
About Denon Electronics
Denon is a world leader in the manufacture of the highest-quality home theater, audio and software products. Denon is recognized internationally for innovative and groundbreaking products and has a long history of technical innovations, including the development and groundbreaking commercialization of pulse-code modulation (PCM) digital audio. Denon Electronics is owned by D+M Group. For more information visit www.usa.denon.com.
DTS:X is the next generation object-based, multi-dimensional audio technology from DTS. Unbound from channels, DTS:X conveys the fluid movement of sound to create an incredibly rich, realistic and immersive soundscape - in front of, behind, beside and above the audience - more accurately than ever before. DTS:X offers the ability to automatically adapt the audio to the speaker layout that best fits the space, from a television’s built-in speakers to a home surround theater system to a dozen or more speakers in a commercial cinema. Brands representing more than 90 percent of the home AVR market will launch DTS:X-enabled products in 2015. For the most engaging experience on mobile devices, DTS Headphone:X delivers a spatially distinct, immersive audio experience over any set of headphones. With DTS technology, even the smallest screens will sound huge. Immerse yourself at www.dts.com/dtsx and www.dts.com/headphonex.
About D+M Group
D+M Group is a global company dedicated to enhancing life through inspired sound solutions delivered anytime, anywhere. With a strong belief that “Performance is everything,” D+M is focused on innovation to meet the needs of customers in an increasingly digital world. Serving the consumer and professional markets, D+M Group brands include Boston Acoustics®, Denon®, and Marantz®. D+M Group has approximately 900 employees worldwide, with products and services marketed in more than 45 countries.
All product and brand names with a trademark symbol are trademarks or registered trademarks of D+M Holdings, Inc. or its subsidiaries except Bluetooth which is a registered trademark of Bluetooth SIG, Inc.; Spotify which is a registered trademark of Spotify AB; Dolby Atmos which is a registered trademark of Dolby Laboratories, Inc.; AirPlay which is a registered trademark of Apple Inc.; Audyssey MultEQ® registered trademarks of Audyssey Laboratories; DTS:X which is a trademark of DTS, Inc.; Pandora which is a registered trademark of Pandora Media, Inc.; SiriusXM which is a trademark of Sirius XM Radio Inc. and Android which is a registered trademark of Google, Inc.
Statements in this news release that are not statements of historical fact include forward-looking statements regarding future events or the future financial performance of the company. We wish to caution you that such statements are just predictions and that actual events or results may differ materially. Forward-looking statements involve a number of risks and uncertainties surrounding competitive and industry conditions, the ability to launch products on time and enable new features sets, market acceptance for the company's products, risks of litigation, technological changes, developing industry standards and other factors related to the company's businesses. The Company reserves all of its rights.