HEOS™ Wireless Multi-Room Sound System Adds New Updates, Services and Functionalities
Mahwah, NJ (March 30 2015) – Denon® Electronics, a leading manufacturer of premium home and personal audio products, announces new app updates to the HEOS wireless multi-room sound system to enhance users’ experience with added convenience and innovation. Based on feedback from customers as well as Denon’s own staff, the list of new features and additions to the HEOS App gives music lovers even more reasons to be amazed in 2015.
- The HEOS app which is currently available for iOS and Android™ is now available for Kindle™. Kindle users can now download the HEOS app from the Amazon app store, for use on their Kindle Fire and Fire phone devices.
- HEOS recently added iHeartRadio to their growing list of cloud music sources giving listeners access to thousands of live AM/FM radio stations from across the country and the ability to create their own Custom Stations.
- HEOS has also added SiriusXM™ which delivers commercial-free music from a wide variety of genres; plus premier sports talk and live events; comedy; news; and exclusive talk and entertainment. Its All Access package (subscription sold separately) lets HEOS users listen to more than 155 SiriusXM Internet Radio channels.
- In response to user feedback, Denon has improved the stereo pairing functionality for the HEOS 3 speakers.
- For users who have a large collection of music in iTunes®, the HEOS system now supports ALAC (Apple Lossless Audio Codec).
- Using a HEOS Link with any Denon or Marantz IP-based A/V receiver or preamp is now a whole lot easier as the Link now supports AV/AVR IP control. Integrating HEOS into an existing Denon or Marantz system, including power, source and volume, along with two-way feedback, is seamless and simpler than ever.
- All HEOS products now accept command signals from third-party control manufacturers. Certified control modules from Denon’s third-party control partners are now in development and will be available soon. Stay tuned for announcements in the coming weeks.
- Denon has added podcast support for TuneIn Internet Radio, podcast support for iOS & Android™, and we have improved playback of content stored on users’ mobile devices through automated music discovery so users no longer need to search through music files.
Anywhere sounds amazing through HEOS, Denon’s wireless multi-room sound system which includes three stunning, wireless multi-zone music players:
- HEOS 3 ($299) wireless speaker is versatile and is the perfect product to start with. This compact yet fully featured wireless stereo speaker plays the user’s favorite music from a range of streaming services from a smartphone or tablet, even a USB drive. Ideal for smaller spaces such as bedrooms, offices, dens, kitchens and dorm rooms.
- HEOS 5 ($399) wireless speaker is where elegance meets performance. This discreet and elegant speaker produces incredibly detailed wide range high fidelity stereo sound. It is ideal for medium to large rooms such as dining rooms, larger bedrooms, and offices or smaller living rooms.
- HEOS 7 ($599) a wireless speaker for the ultimate listening experience. Able to produce true wide range high fidelity stereo sound, the HEOS 7 can deliver room-filling volume even in larger spaces such as living rooms, great rooms, and open area floor plans.
The HEOS multi-room wireless sound system is available at select Denon dealers. For more information visit www.HEOSbyDenon.com.
*A wireless home network is required.
About Denon Electronics
Denon is a world leader in the manufacture of the highest-quality home theater, audio and software products. Denon is recognized internationally for innovative and groundbreaking products and has a long history of technical innovations, including the development and groundbreaking commercialization of pulse-code modulation (PCM) digital audio. Denon Electronics is owned by D+M Group. For more information visit http://www.usa.denon.com.
About D+M Group
D+M Group is a global company dedicated to enhancing life through inspired sound solutions delivered anytime, anywhere. With a strong belief that “Performance is everything,” D+M is focused on innovation to meet the needs of customers in an increasingly digital world. Serving the consumer, professional and automotive markets, D+M Group brands include Boston Acoustics®, Denon®, and Marantz®. D+M Group has approximately 900 employees worldwide, with products and services marketed in more than 45 countries.
All product and brand names with a trademark symbol are trademarks or registered trademarks of D+M Holdings, Inc. or its subsidiaries except Pandora which is a registered trademarks of Pandora Media, Inc; and Android is a registered trademark of Google, Inc.
Statements in this news release that are not statements of historical fact include forward-looking statements regarding future events or the future financial performance of the company. We wish to caution you that such statements are just predictions and that actual events or results may differ materially. Forward-looking statements involve a number of risks and uncertainties surrounding competitive and industry conditions, the ability to launch products on time and enable new features sets, market acceptance for the company's products, risks of litigation, technological changes, developing industry standards and other factors related to the company's businesses. The Company reserves all of its rights.