Mahwah, NJ (April 4th, 2017) - Denon® and Marantz® have launched a new Audyssey MultEQ Editor app, allowing home theater enthusiasts to refine and customize the set-up of their systems for even better surround sound.
The latest Denon and Marantz audio video products use Audyssey MultEQ for simple, accurate one-touch set-up and calibration of the system to the room in which it’s used. The Audyssey technology detects the size, type and configuration of speakers used, and also measures their response in the room for optimal performance – whether running a simple 5.1-channel set-up or a full-blown Dolby Atmos/DTS:X immersive surround system.
Chris Kyriakakis, Chief Technology Officer, Audyssey Laboratories, Inc., states: “The Audyssey MultEQ Editor app enables users to enjoy reference sound that is free of room acoustics problems and also apply their own listening preferences. We are very pleased to be working closely with Denon and Marantz to deliver this unique capability for fine tuning these AV Receivers.”
This app allows users to:
- View the Audyssey MultEQ speaker detection results, to check and modify the configuration, and adjust for any unusual speaker set-ups
- View before and after results of the Audyssey calibration, making it easy to identify room problems and see just what changes the system is making
- Edit the Audyssey target curve for each channel pair to suit individual tastes
- Adjust the overall EQ frequency roll-off for each channel pair
- Switch between two high-frequency roll-off target curves
- Enable/Disable midrange compensation to make the sound brighter or smoother, perhaps making dialogue even clearer or taming those hard-edged soundtracks
- Save calibration results for ‘piece of mind’, ready for instant re-loading should one ever need to reset their system
The Audyssey MultEQ Editor app, available for iPhones and iPads via the iTunes store, and for Android devices via the Google Play store, can be purchased for $20 US. As it requires specific hardware inside the product to function, the following models are able to use the app (product availability varies depending on regions):
Denon AV Receiver: AVR-X6300H, AVR-X4300H, AVR-X3300W, AVR-X2300W, AVR-X1300W, AVR-S930H, AVR-S730H, AVR-S920W, AVR-S720W. Not compatible with Denon models other than those listed above. Selected upcoming 2017 Denon Network AV receivers will support the app as well.
Marantz AV Receiver: AV7703, SR7011, SR6011, SR5011, NR1607. Not compatible with Marantz models other than those listed above. Selected upcoming 2017 Marantz Network AV receivers will support the app as well.
At a glance – Audyssey MultEQ Editor app:
- A simple, intuitive app allowing the user to edit Audyssey MultEQ settings
- Allows detailed adjustment to compensate for specific room problems
- Provides customization options to tailor the sound to the user’s preferences
- Gives the home theater enthusiast even greater control over the performance of their surround sound system
- Allows calibration settings to be saved and restored should the system ever need to be reset
- Available for iPhones and iPads, and for Android smartphones and tablets
About Denon Electronics
Denon is a world leader in the manufacture of the highest-quality home theater, audio and software products. Denon is recognized internationally for innovative and groundbreaking products and has a long history of technical innovations, including the development and groundbreaking commercialization of pulse-code modulation (PCM) digital audio. Denon Electronics is owned by Sound United LLC. For more information visit
The company can trace its roots back to the dawn of the first mono LP, when Saul Bernard Marantz, a native of New York, was unhappy with the equipment available to play his cherished record collection on. So he had to build his own! Saul officially founded the Marantz Company in 1953. Then, as now, the company’s cornerstones were quality and innovation. For over half a century Marantz has been developing unique technologies and bringing landmark hi-fi and home entertainment products to market through its tireless and extensive R&D programs. Such commitment to audio and video excellence ensures each Marantz design delivers class-leading performance. Marantz is owned by Sound United LLC. For more information visit
About Sound United
Sound United is a division of DEI Holdings with an award-winning portfolio of audio brands that deliver industry-leading home theater and personal audio listening experiences for a wide-range of consumers. Each brand provides an expansive array of audio products that includes high-end and custom installation audio, to mid-tier markets that cover loudspeakers, sound bars, AV receivers, wireless multi-room music systems, Bluetooth® speakers, amplifiers, turntables and headphones.
Dedicated to artfully reproducing audio for listeners and enthusiasts around the world, Sound United is comprised of Denon®, Marantz®, Polk Audio, Definitive Technology, Polk BOOM, HEOS® by Denon, and Boston Acoustics®. And each brand offers a unique approach to bringing home theater and music to life. Whether it’s through the legendary heritage of Denon, the classic sound of Polk Audio, the premium performance of Definitive Technology, the highly-sought-after amplification of Marantz, the action-inspired form factors of Polk BOOM, the wireless home audio solutions of HEOS, or the accessible performance of Boston Acoustics, Sound United is your sound — so listen.
To learn more about Sound United and its brands, visit
Statements in this news release that are not statements of historical fact include forward-looking statements regarding future events or the future financial performance of the company. We wish to caution you that such statements are just predictions and that actual events or results may differ materially. Forward-looking statements involve a number of risks and uncertainties surrounding competitive and industry conditions, the ability to launch products on time and enable new features sets, market acceptance for the company's products, risks of litigation, technological changes, developing industry standards and other factors related to the company's businesses. The Company reserves all of its rights.